Jack Ballard's Passing

Printed from: Christian Church Today
Topic URL: http://www.christianchurchtoday.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3758
Printed on: 11/26/2014

Topic:

Topic author: tonysullivan
Subject: Jack Ballard's Passing
Posted on: 02/22/2007 4:29:15 PM
I thought all those out there should be aware of this. Jack was a great preacher, and a man who worked hard in the Kingdom.
The Church Builders he started have done great things for the Kingdom of God. He will be missed.

The note below was send by Keith Bunn, who worked with Jack in the late 60's and 70's.

Dear Friends in Christ,

I received a call yesterday that relayed the news that our friend and fellow preacher JACK BALLARD, former minister of Mount Carmel Christian Church, had passed away. He was in the hospital and had undergone a gall bladder surgery. When he was being wheeled back to his room he told the nurse that he wasn't feeling well ... had a massive heart attack ... and expired.

Jack was my wife's preacher when she grew up. He performed our wedding nearly 40 years ago in Mount Carmel's old building on Candler Road in Decatur. He and Charlotte were largely responsible for getting my wife to attend The Cincinnati Bible Seminary when she was looking for a college and I'm grateful for that since I might never have met her without their influence. I also served on staff with Jack when I graduated from CBS back in 1968. I was Mount Carmel's first Minister of Christian Education.

Funeral arrangements are being handled by the Wages Funeral Home on Highway 78 in Snellville. when I spoke with the funeral director late last evening I was told there will be NO visitation at the funeral home ... but that VISITATION will be scheduled for 9:00 to 11:00 AM on Saturday morning at Mount Carmel Christian Church, 6015 Old Stone Mountain Road, Stone Mountain, Georgia, and that Jack's funeral service will be held at 11:00 AM Saturday at the Church.

Please keep Jack's wife, Charlotte, his family and friends in your prayers. He was a unique individual and has influenced untold numbers of people with the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Replies:

Reply author: ima Browns fan
Replied on: 02/22/2007 6:29:34 PM
Praying with you OldGoat!

Reply author: shoalspreacher
Replied on: 02/22/2007 7:42:58 PM
Jack Ballard's influence on the Atlanta area is undeniable. He will be missed by many people.

Christian Church Today : http://www.christianchurchtoday.com/forum/

© 2004 Christian Church Today

Close Window